MEDIA RELEASE: Freecycle Roundup Scheduled for October 17 2015 - Limited Free Pickups Available
Frederick, MD – September 21, 2015 The City of Frederick will host another Freecycle Roundup on Saturday, October 17 from 8am-2pm. The Freecycle Roundup provides Frederick City residents the opportunity to dispose of large bulk items that they no longer need. The City will be staging the Roundup at Hill Street Park located at 100 Hill Street. The City found over many years that a large percentage of items previously set out for bulk trash were actually still serviceable, or could be repurposed. The objectives of the Freecycle Roundup are:
- FEWER useful items in the landfill!
- MORE items recycled!
- REDUCED costs for disposal
- BENEFIT local non-profits
Please abide by the following guidelines for the Freecycle Roundup:
- Items listed below will be accepted.
- All items must be less than 7 feet in length.
City of Frederick
- Furniture (indoor/outdoor)
- Appliances with refrigerants removed
- Large toys (playground, kitchens, slides, etc.)
- Swing sets (7’ or less)
- Box springs & mattresses (3 each Furniture per household) must sign affidavit
- Mowers, weed eaters, trimmers, etc….with all fluids removed
- Grills with tanks removed
- CDs, DVDs, VHS, etc.
- Computer equipment
To schedule pickup, please call 301-600-2039 by Friday, October 2nd.